The Paper photo  by Frank Phillips<br /><br /><!-- 1upcrlf2 -->This Ladoga Road residence was a total loss in a fire Tuesday. No one was injured.<br /><br /><!-- 1upcrlf2 -->
The Paper photo by Frank Phillips

This Ladoga Road residence was a total loss in a fire Tuesday. No one was injured.

A house fire temporarily closed a portion of Ladoga Road at Whitesville, east of Davidson's Greenhouse Tuesday morning from around 6:20 a.m. to 9:15 a.m.

The house at 3891 E. Ladoga Road was occupied by three people at the time of the blaze. The owner, Larry Pritchett, his son, Austin Pritchett and a friend, Felice Steffen, were able to escape the the burning house and were not injured, according to Larry's sister, Jo Fultz. 

The local Red Cross came to the aid of the residents, said Executive Director Denise Maxwell.

"We were able to be there to support them emotionally," she said. "We provided a place for them to stay and provided some funds for clothing and for food."

Maxwell plans to contact the residents in the next couple days to see how they are doing and to determine if more services are needed.

The local Red Cross chapter helps people after about 40 house fires per year, Maxwell said.

The house is expected to be a total loss, said New Market Fire Chief Dan Keller. The cause of the fire was not immediately known.

Ladoga Clark Township Fire Department and the Montgomery County Sheriff's Department also responded to the fire.

The portion of Ladoga Road in front of the house was closed shortly before 6:20 a.m. Monday. The fire began around 5:18 a.m., Tuesday.