Worker injured when he touches live electric wire
Monday, August 25, 2014 3:12 PM
A Ladoga man received burns when he touched an electric wire while power washing a building Sunday morning.
The Paper has learned Elias Cordova, 46, of Ladoga was in a scissors lift behind Little Mexico restaurant shortly after 8 a.m., Sunday, when he touched the wire with his arm, said Crawfordsville Assistant Police Chief Jim Sessions.
Crawfordsville Fire Department medics were called to the scene at 8:21 a.m. Crawfordsville Electric Light & Power arrived about 10 minutes later to shut off electricity, said Phil Goode, manager of CEL&P.
There was another man in the lift who was not injured. The men were private contractors, removing loose paint from the building.
Statflight was asked to transport Cordova to a hospital but would not because of weather conditions. Also, Lifeline was called but would not fly because of the weather.
Cordova was transported to Eskanazi Health hospital in Indianapolis. He was a patient in the burn unit Monday afternoon.